Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eck's and Requests

Friends coming to see you play is always nice.  It makes you feel good, you tend to be more relaxed and have more fun when there are people you know personally who came to see you.  Often friends come to shows a few times to fulfill the "friend" duty.  Sometimes though, friends actually dig your stuff.  I have two great friends who have a particular song they love to hear.  Whenever they come, I feel like the band needs to play their song, I mean they come out often, they should be rewarded.  So, even though the band hadn't worked on "Tramp Stamp" in over a month, weren't planning on  playing it, and we had to review intros/transitions/endings before we played it, when I saw my two buddies come in to say hi, I knew we were re-writing the set list.  And we did.  "TRAMP STAMP."

Eck's Salon 1.12
40 Gate, Western Dreams*, PBR, Fight for your Right, Chocolate, Punks in Oklahoma, Are you for Real?, Tramp Stamp, Colfax

* first time played

Here is the first full band shot of the new band with Smitty at the reign of the drums

No comments:

Post a Comment